Deerfield River Portage
Meetup Address for GPS
The 2013 season is upon us. WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
**Spring tubing suggestions - the water is a little chilly - wool can get wet and still keep you warm. **
*Coming soon picnic packages from bakers country store - order by 9am*
Wedding in the plans? Bachelor/ bachelorette party? Camp group? Visitors from afar or friends just getting together - Small or large groups welcome.
Do you want to go river tubing?
We are the solution to the inner tube and two car problem.... Contact Us
-- About the river -- Bardwell's Ferry to Stillwater -- 4 miles of Pristine river
Just you, the river and your friends on 4 miles of lazy river in a gorge
- 4 mild rapids, several deep holes, a fisherman or two, no release time, no noise, not a lot of people, no houses, no rules, no fees, some cliffs and some rope swings and maybe a bald eagle or two.
There are no life guards - safety on the river is your responsibility.
Water levels are dependent on rain - there are some areas that are shallow that you might have to walk through. At other times the river levels are at flood levels.
Who we are and what we do --
We provide a solution to the tube and the two car shuffle problem.
Deerfield River Portage is an outfitter - We sell tubes, provide a tube for your cooler and transport your party to the put in point. We transport from Stillwater Bridge in Deerfield (the take out point) to Bardwell's Ferry in Conway (the put in point).
Our customers - couples, families, birthdays, a date, bachelor/bachelorette groups, reunions, friends, clubs etc.
We are family, LGBT and canine friendly.
Canoe? Kayak? We can provide a driver/guide.
Please remember you are responsible for yourself and all your belongings while on the river. Wool stays warm when you are wet. Rivers can be dangerous places, there are rocks, unseen hazards in the water and there are no life guards. Safe river practices recommended by the Massachusetts Environmental Police include knowing how to swim, wearing of River shoes (not flip flops) and doning life vests.
--Here's how it works --
- Choose your trip and the date you want to go
- Contact Us with your request email or text/ call 413-282-7678.
- The day of your adventure we meet you at the Stillwater take out at your reserved time.
- We provide all the inner tubes you have requested. You bring a picnic in your cooler and the sunscreen. We provide a tube for you and a cooler for your cooler.
- We give you a ride to the put in point.
- You float down the river and we meet you back at your car.
All you have to do is show up with your picnic and we take care of the rest.
- We ask that you Please be aware of your trash footprint. When you sell us back your tubes we will take your trash and recyclables. Glass is not recommended.
- Kayak/ Canoe - Contact Us text/ call 413-282-7678 and we will work with you.
Directions and Address for GPS users -
Meetup/ pickup location is There are two parking lots right by Upper Road bridge park in either of them.
220 Stillwater Road, Deerfield MA.